|QUOTE (davidlim @ Jun 8 2010, 01:26 PM)|
| took this from kutrax's post in plamo...|
1. Sunny Models - Kwong Wah Street in Mongkok. Not Much Hase kits there. Not well stock with aircraft kits, they do have a selection on ships,they carry bager airbrushes though. Great for tools and supply.
2. Wai Lee - also on Kwong Wah Street in Mongkok. Again not much Hase kits, lack of a/c kits,have a nice selection of hobby tools and supply. bought a couple bottle of gaia thinner there.
3. Ying Ming on Sai Yee Street in Mongkok. Nice selection of Academy kits there, if you buy 2 or more there's discount, as for hase kits and tamiya kits not much of choices.Lots of car kits. They do have spares of gunze airbrushes.i think their Gunze Airbrush prices are much cheap compare to here.
4. Twineety, Again not much of choice for the A/C modeller. very limited. they carry badger airbrushes and lots of rotary tools bits for a resoanable price.great place to pick up supplies.
5.Wang Kee on Waterloo Street in Mong Kong, Small shop. lots of trumpeter kits a/c and armor, no hase there.
7.Continental Models - The most well stocked shop for A/c lovers, great prices for kinetics,revell. just a few pieces of hase kits there, Revell, Italeri, Trumpeter, Hobby Boss, Bronco, Kinetic, old Dragon are plenty.Nice selection of Lifecolors, Vallejo paints. No A/C aftermarkets stuff though.
8.UML. The only distributor of hase kits, was dissapointed with the small hase selection, but they've got the most dragon kits. Airfix, italeri are plenty too. There's tourist discount if you ask em. Buy more than 500 hkd u'll get 20% off.
another similar post fr plamo:-
1. Sunny Models - Kwong Wah Street in Mongkok. I believe the cheapest prices for Gunpla, Tamiya, Trumpeter, Fujimi, Hobby Boss, Revell kits. They sell alot of ship models too. Also great prices for supplies, paints etc.
2. Wai Lee - also on Kwong Wah Street in Mongkok. They also have another store in Wah Chai. But their prices also are quite good for Gunpla, Tamiya, supplies. They also carry Academy kits for a really good price.
3. Ying Ming on Sai Yee Street in Mongkok. Take B2 Exit from Mongkok MTR. They have great prices as well on Tamiya, Academy, Gunpla, paints, supplies. Ying Ming and Wai Lee actually are related and hence both are distributors of Academy. I know in Ying Ming, the more Academy you buy, the more discount you get. They also carry Roden, Masterbox, ICM now.
4. Twineety on Sai Yee Street which is beside Ying Ming. They got a good collection of really cool kits which may not be found in other shops from brands like Doyusha, Arii, Imai. Small but nice I think.
5.Wang Kee on Waterloo Street in Mong Kong (which is close to Kwong Wah Street). They have a good selection of Trumpeter (distributor), Tamiya, Hobby Boss, Gunpla, paints, supplies etc. Quite a bit of stuff for this store.
6.Tristar - they recently moved and a bit hard to find. They are on 1st floor on Yin Cheong Street, located in a commercial building. You will find lots of good stuff of their own Tristar kits, older Dragon, Trumpeter, and tonnes of aftermarket, books, magazines Vallejo paints. Friendly and helpful people as well.
7.Continental Models - take MTR to Jordan Station. near Wing On Centre on Nathan Road. Owner is a good chap and has really cool stuff. Tonnes of Revell, Italeri, Trumpeter, Hobby Boss, Bronco, Kinetic, old Dragon, Japanese brands, lots of aftermarket stuff (Voyager, Lionroar) , Lifecolors, Vallejo paints. Also the obscure ones like Revell Monogram and some Gunpla.
8.Falcon Hobby - a bit far as it's on the East side of HK Island. Take to Sai Wan Ho station. Mr Wong is the distributor of Eduard stuff and he's got tonnes of other aftermarket stuff for AFV and warbirds. Lots of good books as well. Very knowledgeable and friendly guy.